Thursday, June 18, 2009

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY....but if it won't, create your own internal sunshine..BE KIND NOW.

When I came to my computer today, I was inspired by a friend's invitation to check out www.thekindnesscenter.com.  Once I viewed the site, I was inspired even more. Just the act of reading about individuals who are out in the world doing good things for others, allowed me to feel good.  It is contagious.  I can only imagine what happens when we all begin to consciously engage in kindness.  I am inspired to now ask myself periodically throughout the day "AM I BEING KIND?"  Is what I am saying and doing coming from a place of kindness?  We are our actions, and our deeds......we will become what we think, so let's think and act in kind ways.
I have faith that we can begin to create our own little ray of sunshine, by simply being kind.  You will feel sunnier inside, and the world will shine a little brighter as well.  

For inspiration on how to be kind in the everyday moments, check out the DOK (drops of kindness) page at the kindness center's website.

"my religion is very simple
my religion is kindness" --the dalai lama

"life's most persistent and urgent question is what are you doing for others?"--mlk jr.

"kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."--mother theresa

om shanti......





No comments:

Post a Comment